In a transition zone between the nutrient-rich streams from the north and the warm waters of the Gulf Stream, the archipelago of the Azores is an authentic sanctuary for a large and varied number of marine species.
From macro life to the pelagic species, the Terceira Island is home to a large marine life diversity, sting and eagle rays, barracuda, tuna fish, amberjacks, groupers, moray eels, hake, shrimps, wrasse, red mullet, flounder, lobsters, octopus, fireworms, crabs and other small schools of sardines (Know more about diving conditions) .
Please respect our dive sites and marine life by not touching or teasing marine life at any time.
- There is a defined code of conduct for diving with sharks which must be understood and followed by all divers
- The Dive Team chooses the best day, depending on the ocean conditions (current, wind, wave strength). If the conditions are too rough, the dive site can be changed last minute to guarantee your safety.
- The dive groups are maximum 6 guests to be lead by our Divemasters or Instructors.
- Being certified as an Advanced Open Water diver or more.
- Being an active diver. After a certain period of inactivity, a Refresh Course is mandatory.
- Medical Clearance for any pre-existing conditions (read, fill and sign the standard Medical Statement).
Don´t forget to bring:
- Diving certification
(tank and weights)
- Dive insurance
- Dive guide.
- Dive Equipment
(bcd, regulator, wetsuit, fins, mask, boots and gloves).
- Dive Computer
- Dive Torch.
If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
The cancellation by the customer within 48 hours prior to the activity will not result on any refund.