Search and Recovery
This specialty provides the skills and concepts required to safely plan and conduct search and recovery dives. You will learn about search patterns, specialized dive plans, underwater communication, and how to recover small to medium-sized objects using specialized equipment like lift bags.
Requirements for Completion:
- Complete all academic sessions and assessments.
- Complete a final exam with a passing score of at least 80%.
- Complete at least one (1) pool/confined water session.
- Complete at least two (2) open water training dives.
- Upon completion of all academic and in-water requirements, the SSI Professional may issue the program’s digital certification card.
- Certified SSI divers can dive with an equally or more qualified buddy in environments equivalent to their training and within the recommended depth limits of their certifications.
- Students younger than 15 years old will be certified as an SSI Junior Diver in the applicable program and can dive under the direct supervision of a dive professional, or with a certified adult, in environments equivalent to their training and within the recommended depth limits.
- At least 12 year old.
- Have the following SSI certifications or an equivalent from a recognized training agency: Open Water Diver.
- Medical Clearance for any pre-existing conditions (read, fill and sign the standard Medical Statement).
Don´t forget to bring:
- Diving certification
- Dive Instructor.
- Dive insurance.
If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
The cancellation by the customer within 48 hours prior to the activity will not result on any refund.