Science of Diving
This specialty provides an in-depth and detailed study of physics, physiology, decompression theory, the aquatic environment and diving equipment. It is required training for most SSI Dive Professional programs, as well as some Extended Range programs.
Requirements for Completion:
- Complete all academic sessions and assessments.
- Complete final exam with a passing score of at least 80%.
- Upon completion of all academic requirements, the SSI Professional may issue the program’s digital certification card.
- Students younger than 15 years old will be certified as an SSI Junior Diver in the applicable program and can dive under the direct supervision of a dive professional, or with a certified adult, in environments equivalent to their training and within the recommended depth limits.
NOTE: SSI Referral Divers may enroll in SSI Specialty programs and complete all academic and pool/confined water sessions. Open water training dives, for all specialties, cannot be combined with open water training dives for entry-level programs and must be conducted after completion of all in-water training for the Open Water Diver program.
- Have the following SSI certifications or an equivalent from a recognized training agency: Referral Diver.
- Diving Knowledge Specialty programs may be combined with an Open Water Diver program.
- Medical Clearance for any pre-existing conditions (read, fill and sign the standard Medical Statement).
Don´t forget to bring:
- Dive Instructor.
- Dive insurance.