Offshore - Banco D. João de Castro
The bank D. João de Castro is a large submarine volcano that emerges from about 1000 meters deep to a minimum of 13 meters. This is a special place where we experience a dive above an active volcano and can encounter some pelagic fish, like the magnificent Devil Ray.
This dive is only for experienced divers and a precheck dive is mandatory (Know more about diving conditions).
Please respect our dive sites and marine life by not touching or teasing marine life at any time.
- In this program we make two dives.
- The Dive Team chooses the best day to do this trip.
- The dive groups are maximum 6 guests to be lead by our Divemasters or Instructors.
- After the first dive, we make a surface interval around 1h30.
- Between dives we offer you a light meal, that includes juice, water, hot coffee, hot tea, fruit and some snacks.
- Being certified as an Advanced Open Water diver or more.
- Being an active diver. After a certain period of inactivity, a Refresh Course is mandatory.
- Medical Clearance for any pre existing conditions (read, fill and sign the standard Medical Statement).
Don´t forget to bring:
- Diving certification
- sunscreen cream
(Bcd, regulator, wetsuit, fins, mask, boots and gloves)
- Dive insurance
- Dive Guide
- Light lunch with water, juice and fruit.
- Dive Computer
- Dive Torch.
If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
The cancellation by the customer within 48 hours prior to the activity will not result on any refund.