This program gives you the skills and experience required to safely lead groups of certified divers and is the first step towards an exciting career as an SSI Dive Professional, without requiring you to complete an instructor program. Professional Dive Guides can work for SSI Dive Centers, guiding dives in a variety of environments and conditions. You will earn the SSI Dive Guide certification after completing this program.
Requirements for Completion:
- Log at least 50 open water dives totaling 32 hours or more.
- Pass all requirements and evaluations listed in the instructor manual for Dive Guide.
- Complete the Candidate Water Fitness Evaluation as outlined in the SSI Training Standards.
- Complete a Dive Guide final exam with a passing score of at least 90%.
- Upon completion of this program, candidates receive the Dive Guide rating.
- To certify the candidates as a Professional Dive Guide, send the candidate's Dive Guide Training Record with all required documents to the responsible SSI Service Center, who will issue the certification.
- Dive Guides can dive autonomously with a group of certified divers, in a non-commercial capacity, in environments and depth equivalent with their training.
- Minimum age: 15 years old (Must be 18 years old to work as an active status Professional Dive Guide).
- Have logged at least 40 open water dives totaling 25 hours or more.
- Have the following SSI certifications or an equivalent from a recognized training agency: Diver Stress & Rescue.
- Have the following SSI certifications, an equivalent from a recognized training agency, or provide proof of experience by showing at least five (5) logged experience dives in each of the following areas:
- Deep Diving,
- Night and Limited Visibility.
Don´t forget to bring:
- Diving certification
- Dive Instructor.
- Dive Insurance.
If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
The cancellation by the customer within 48 hours prior to the activity will not result on any refund.