This program provides the skills, concepts, and teaching experience required to become a successful SSI Assistant Instructor. You will learn the SSI Teaching System and philosophy, how to assist Instructors in training and how to independently teach a variety of SSI training programs. These duties including conducting entry-level scuba training under the supervision of an Open Water Instructor, and independently conducting Scuba Skills Updates, Try Scuba, and Perfect Buoyancy programs.
Requirements for Completion:
- Log at least 75 open water dives totaling 50 hours or more.
- Read and complete Sections 1-6, including reviews and assessments, of the Instructor Training Course digital learning.
- Complete Academic Sessions 1-6 as outlined in the instructor manual for the Instructor Training Course.
- Complete an Assistant Instructor final exam with a passing score of at least 90%.
- Complete the Candidate Water Fitness Evaluation as outlined in the SSI Training Standards if it has been more than six months since the candidate has been evaluated.
- Pass all requirements and evaluations for Practical Application Sessions 1-7 as outlined in the instructor manual for the Instructor Training Course.
- Upon completion of the Assistant Instructor program, send the candidate’s Assistant Instructor Training Record with all required documents to the responsible SSI Service Center.
- The candidate will be certified as an SSI Assistant Instructor.
- Have logged at least 60 open water dives totaling 40 hours or more.
- Have the following active status SSI certifications or an equivalent from a recognized training agency: Divemaster
- Medical Clearance for any pre-existing conditions (read, fill and sign the standard Medical Statement).
Don´t forget to bring:
- Diving certification
- Dive Instructor.
- Dive insurance.
If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
The cancellation by the customer within 48 hours prior to the activity will not result on any refund.